Love. You gotta love it. (Pun intended) 😂
I find love to be the most mysterious of all the human emotions. Mostly because it’s vital for human existence. We need it like we need air.
An environment where there is an adequate amount of love expressed – whether it be a romance, friendship, family dynamic, or workplace – is a healthy environment. Case closed.
Our Father in heaven knows this of course, which is why when it comes to finding the best Bible verses about love, it’s not a super hard task. Love is the central theme throughout the entire Bible!
In this post you’ll find that the best Bible verses about love which includes a little bit of everything:
- Loving your significant other
- Loving your friends
- Loving your enemies,
- & most importantly, loving your Heavenly Father
I’m already feeling the love. Are you? Let’s dive in. 🥰
1. Song of Solomon 3:4 “I found the one whom my heart loves.” (ESV)
2. Proverbs 10:12 “Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.” (NIV)
3. Ecclesiastes 4:12 ” A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” (NLT)
4. Mark 10:6-9 “But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” (NIV)
5. 1 John 4:19 “We love because He first loved us.” (NIV)
6. Romans 12:9-10 “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” (NIV)
7. 1 John 4:11 (NIV) “Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” (NIV)
8. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 “If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.” (NIV)
9. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” (NIV)
10. Song of Solomon 6:3 “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.” (NIV)
11. 1 John 4:16 “We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in His love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.” (NLT)
12. Mark 12:29-31 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.” (NIV)
13. Deuteronomy 7:9 “Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps His covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes His unfailing love on those who love him and obey His commands.” (NLT)
14. 1 Corinthians 13:13 “Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.” (NLT)
15. 1 Peter 4:8 “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” (NIV)
One resource I appreciate for understanding Biblical love is The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller. Click here or the image below to check it out!
16. 1 John 4:7 “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” (NIV)
17. Isaiah 54:10 “For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken,” says the LORD, who has mercy on you.” (NLT)
18. 1 John 4:18 “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” (NIV)
19. 1 Corinthians 16:14 “Do everything in love.” (NIV)
20. Colossians 3:14 “Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.” (NLT)
21. 1 John 4:21 “And He has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their fellow believers.” (NLT)
22. Romans 12:9 “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.” (ESV)
23. Proverbs 8:17 “I love those who love me; and those who seek me will find me.” (ESV)
24. Matthew 22:36-40 “’Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?’ Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” This is the first and greatest commandment.And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (NIV)
25. Romans 12:10 “Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.” (NLT)
26. John 15:13 “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” (NLT)
Want these Bible verses about love as a PDF? Click the below image to download!
27. Luke 6:35 “But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.” (ESV)
28. 1 John 3:18 “Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” (NIV)
29. Ephesians 5:25 “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her” (NIV)
30. Song of Solomon 8:6 “Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm. For love is as strong as death, its jealousy as enduring as the grave. Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame.” (NLT)
31. Ephesians 4:2 “Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.” (NLT)
32. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (ESV)
33. Romans 5:8 “But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” (NLT)
34. Ephesians 2:4-7 “But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.” (NIV)
35. Romans 8:38-39 “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (NLT)
36. Song of Solomon 8:7 “Many waters cannot quench love,nor can rivers drown it.
If a man tried to buy love with all his wealth, his offer would be utterly scorned.” (NLT)
For a more in-depth understanding of biblical love, check out Tim Keller’s book, The Meaning of Marriage! Click here or the below image to view.
37. 1 John 4:10-12 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.” (NIV)
38. Romans 8:28 “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.” (NLT)
39. Romans 13:8 “Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.” (ESV)
40. Lamentation 3:22-23 “The faithful love of the Lordnever ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.” (NLT)
41. Genesis 2:24 “This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.” (NLT)
42. Galatians 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,” (ESV)
43. Proverbs 3:3 “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.” (NIV)
44. John 16:27 “for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.” (ESV)
45. Psalm 143:8 “Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.” (NLT)
Take these Bible verses about love home with you – just click the below image to download!
46. Psalm 85:10-11 “Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other. Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven.” (NIV)
47. Song of Solomon 4:9 “You have captured my heart, my treasure, my bride. You hold it hostage with one glance of your eyes, with a single jewel of your necklace.” (NLT)
48. Romans 5:5 “And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.” (NLT)
49. Proverbs 17:17 “A friend loves at all times” (NIV)
50. Psalm 63:3 “Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you!” (NLT)
I hope you love this list of the best Bible verses about love. These love Bible verses are perfect for weddings, Valentine’s Day, or just because!
Books about Love
These Bible verses about love are a good start, but there are countless books specifically designed to help you understand not only how loved you are by the Father, but God’s true intention for a loving relationship. Below are a few I recommend:
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires by Emerson Eggerichs
- The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Relationship Goals: How to Win at Dating, Marriage, and Sex by Michael Todd
Bible Summary: An Overview of the Whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation
What Does It Mean to Be Fearfully & Wonderfully Made?
Like this Post? Pin it for later!
Did I miss any? Which Bible verses about love are your favorite?
These are all great versus and you did such a great job putting them together!
Also-totally wish we could do galentine’s together!
OMG I soooo wish we could do a Galentine’s Day, that would be so perfect! <3
A Galentine’s day would be soooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun! Too bad Galentines day already passed!!! <3!!!!
What does “<3" mean???
I already used it NOT knowing what it meant!!!
Good list of bible verses about love. Thanks for sharing.
You are so welcome!!
I completely agree with what you have written. I hope this post could reach more people as this was truly an interesting post.
Thank you!! I am so glad it was helpful 🙂
Yessssssss! Totally! It is the BEST!!
This is like the best cite to go to for bible verses!
Tiffany did a great job!!!!!
Thank you for these inspiring Bible verses! I love them! God bless you all!
Thank you for replying!!
You are so blessed by God and you are one of a kind!!
Thank you for this blog!!
(It has very good detail!)
My parents aren’t believers and I don’t think they would like me on a Christian cite!!
But thanks anyway!!!!!!
God has blessed you in ways you cannot even imagine!!
1) Where are you living?
2) What is your favorite Bible verse?
(Mines Revelations 22:21! It’s the best verse EVER!!!!)
Could everyone please pray for my friend Astrid?
She has Spina Bifida and she is paralyzed from the waist down.
She cannot feel her bottom half either.
She is going into surgery and she is scared!
She asked me to tell you all to pray for her so I am doing just that!
She also just got baptized at our Youth Group and ever since then she’s been going through the toughest time in her life!
I just ask you to keep Astrid in your prayers and thank you for all your other bible verses!
God bless you!
Have a nice weekend ya’ll!!!!!!!